E-mails with attachments containing a virus

Dumble452 16:04 14 Jul 04

I have 2 e-mail addresses, one (blueyonder)for trusted contacts and one (hotmail)for all the others.

Over the last few days I've been plagued by messages from Blueyonder saying they have intercepted an e-mail which had an attachment which contained a virus, nearly all I-Worm.NetSky.d and all from e-mail addresses I do not know.

I just delete them and get on with life, but how do these people find my e-mail address and haven't they got something better to do with their lives??????????

spikeychris 17:31 14 Jul 04

When the I-Worm.NetSky.d was at its peak I was receiving up to ten a day, AVG and Outlook took care of them so it wasn't that bad. However it can be a pain, "but how do these people find my e-mail address"? Address books of other users who have you, Forums, Chartrooms ETC.

Dumble452 23:50 14 Jul 04

Like you I'm well protected, but it is still annoying.

Nellie2 00:01 15 Jul 04

I've had loads of these just recently... but I use mailwasher to filter my mail and I just deleted them from the server.... It was annoying last week and the week before when I was getting between 5 and 10 a day... but I haven't had any for the past couple of days so fingers crossed they (whoever they are) are getting bored with trying to infect my comp!! :)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…