E-mails addressed to me have my own address

Splodge 18:18 16 Apr 08

So here is a new one, I think!

I am having promotional e-mails sent to me apparently sent by myself.

I replied to one as a test and it came back to me as addressee!

Fortunately, it was only an offer of fake goods.

I have good anti-virus etc.. in fact I probably have too much but I ran all of them and I do not appear to have any trojans.

Has someone managed to devise a new way of sending their offers to our addresses and use our our own e-mail addresses to do it?

I would have thought that if they were using my e-mail address to mass distribute, I would have had some bounced messages back during the day.

Unfortunately, deleting THAT e-mail address would be very awkward since I use that one to confirm my identity on my various banks and other payments. It means I would have to contact every one of the firms involved with the new e-mail address.

Not a very nice job in prospect!

Any ideas about this one please!

Splodge 18:25 16 Apr 08

Does anyone care for this new format?

Perhaps I am an old fuddy duddy but I find the access to the Forums a bit more difficult to do!

It reminds me of the LOOT site which has made so many changes, many not for the better, that I no longer use it! Much of it seems to be change for changes sake!

Remember Editor, old chap, "If it ain't broke, don't fix it"!

Stuartli 18:30 16 Apr 08

How many questions do you want to ask in one thread?

>>-)

You are not alone on the e-mails:

click here

Splodge 18:39 16 Apr 08

Thanks Stuartli!

Actually. I thought I had started a new thread and inadvertently posted it to the same one for the comment about the new format!

I will try the MailWasher, although my Avast does check it for viruses!

VoG II 18:57 16 Apr 08

Similar issue click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Microsoft Surface Studio hands-on review: the iMac killer is here

Best Mac antivirus 2017