e-mails

sms 14:02 29 Jul 04

I am running two network computers on win 2000.
Is it possible to access the e-mails in one, from the other one

Magik ®© 14:05 29 Jul 04

I have tried, and i can not find a way, so we can both wait for the answer... :-)

Stuartli 14:08 29 Jul 04

I use Windows XP Pro but only on one system.

I would assume that it would be done through the (appropriately named) Sharing feature.

Windows Help and Support will no doubt provide the details comprehensively on what to do.

The Dark Sage 14:10 29 Jul 04

?

Stuartli 14:17 29 Jul 04

This should help:

click here

sms 14:31 29 Jul 04

we use microsoft outlook as our e-mail client.

The Dark Sage 14:42 29 Jul 04

I dont know if it will work but you could try and get them to use the same PST file, which is where your mail is stored. (I take it that you are not using exchange)

In theory it should work, try it

sms 14:44 29 Jul 04

could you let me know wherethe e-mail files are stored and what extension to look for

The Dark Sage 15:05 29 Jul 04

The file extension is .pst and the usual location is (on an XP machine) C:\documents and settings\**USERNAME**\local settings\application data\microsoft\outlook -- the file name is usually Outlook.pst. (you will need to show hidden files and folders to see some of these folders)

I say usually as you are asked what you want to call it and where you want to save it when you set the account up in the first place.

Share the folder so that you can access it from the other machine

The Dark Sage 15:19 29 Jul 04

But its ok - the file location is the same in Win2K

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia XZ Premium review: Hands-on with the new 4K HDR phone with Motion Eye camera and Snapdr5…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best laptop for design and art 2017: we test Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo and Microsoft's best models…

CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: Get the most from…