E-Maill issues. Not downloading completely

Jollyjohn 12:18 PM 12 Jun 12

The issue is on two computers, first a 4yr old laptop running Windows XP and Outlook express and second an 18 mth old Compaq running W7 and Livemail Both e-mail addressess are btinternet.com

The issue is that occasionally the messages fail to download completely and then next time send/receive or sync is pressed the same messages are downloaded.

This results in multiple copies of the same message appearing. I know I can log into BTYahoo and check the messages there. I do this and have left detailed instructions for the users to fix the issue when it happens again.

What I want is a proper fix for this issue. I have rung BT and the agent was very helpful, shred the screen, deleted all e-mails from the server with attachments, solved for a while.

I suspect attachments are a possible problem however a 3.4 MB pdf attachment downloaded OK. I also suspect the line speed to the property about 750KB on last check.

Any other suggestions gratefully considered.

Woolwell 12:26 PM 12 Jun 12

You can try increasing the server time out settings Live Mail Settings . It will be similar for OE. I use around 4 mins.

Jollyjohn 12:41 PM 12 Jun 12

Ok - thanks for that. I have increased it to 2 minutes but will change it again next time I visit.

Jollyjohn 12:29 PM 13 Jun 12

Thanks for that. I will mark this as solved, for now. Will post back if I get any new info.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best Black Friday deals 2015 live blog: Best UK Black Friday weekend deals & best UK Cyber Monday…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The best Black Friday Deals for designers and artists – updated

20 Mac Power User Tricks... That You Didn't Know