E-mailing photo's

Andsome 08:08 29 Feb 04

I have always been able to right click on a photo in a folder and select to send the photo by e-mail, and then been offered the choice of allowing Windows to reduce the size of the photo to a more manageable size for e-mail. Suddenly I am no longer offered this choice, and the e-mail box immediately opens in Outlook Express with the photo attached in it's original large size. I have probably inadvertently changed a setting somewhere. I know that I can edit each individual photo, but the automatic reduction facility was very useful. The computer runs XP Home. Any advice please as to how to restore this facility?

johnnyrocker 08:47 29 Feb 04

what happens if you select file/send to?

johnny.

Al94 09:11 29 Feb 04

This facility vanished on my PC months ago too and I never got it back. As a matter of interest, have you installed MS Office? I think it has someting to do with it.
click here for free resizing software which I used instead, now I use Microsoft Office Picture Manager.

Andsome 09:16 29 Feb 04

what happens if you select file/send to?

This gives me several choices, one of which is to e-mail the picture. In the past when I have selected the e-mail option, Windows has offered to reduce the size of the picture. Now this choice is suddenly no longer offered.

Andsome 09:25 29 Feb 04

Al94

Useful program thanks

GANDALF <|:-)> 10:38 29 Feb 04

Worth trying......in IE click on tools then click INTERNET OPTIONS. Click the ADVANCED tab.
look for the MULTIMEDIA heading. If there's a check in the ENABLE AUTOMATIC IMAGE RESIZING. take it out, then click apply. replace it, then click apply again.

Failing that you can do this............To get it back, click on Start, click on Run and type the following in the box: REGSVR32 SHIMGVW.DLL and press 'Enter. Note that there is a space between ...32 and SHI...

G

GANDALF <|:-)> 10:45 29 Feb 04

click here you could also try downloading image resizer from here.

G

Stuartli 10:49 29 Feb 04

Or PixResizer from click here it's very simple to use and can work on single or multiple pix.

Andsome 10:50 29 Feb 04

GANDALF <|:-)>

Thanks. The facility has been restored. You are a genius

Al94 12:18 29 Feb 04

Thanks GANDALF <|:-)> , you're a star - the run command did it for me.

GroupFC 20:15 29 Feb 04

For future reference!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…