e-mailing a large file size word document

pooperscooper 17:38 27 Jan 07

Hi, I have a word document that I e-mail a lot but it is over 2 MB so I would like to make the file size smaller, it has screen shots printed on it so I suppose this is why t's so large. I know how to e-mail a photograph by changing the file size in photoshop but how can I do this with a word document?.I have win xp home and my word program comes from office 2002...Thanks

VoG II 17:40 27 Jan 07

Right click it, Send to > Compressed (zip) folder. Then e-mail the compressed folder.

Taff™ 17:41 27 Jan 07

ZIP it. Right click the file in Windows Explorer and choose "Send to compressed (Zipped) Folder"

VoG II 17:42 27 Jan 07

Or you could create a PDF using click here - this normally results in a smaller file size.

Taff™ 17:48 27 Jan 07

Evening VoG™ ! Snap again.

If the recipient just needs to read the file. i.e. not open it in Word to alter it e.g. a newsletter convert it to a PDF I use click here which reduces the file sizes quite a bit. PrimoPdf installs itself as a printer on your computer. You go to print, choose PrimoPdf and by changing the "resolution" of the printer via the printers options will determine the Quality (Size) of the resultant file. Be careful if the recipients might print the document - youmay need a higher resolution although it will look OK on screen.

Taff™ 17:50 27 Jan 07

(I`m off out mate - you`re in charge VoG™ !)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…