//some 3rd party need geo

E-mailing black&white photos

Nightryder 19:05 14 Dec 03

I have had 2 people recently try repeatedly to send me black & white photos as an e-mail attatchment they scan fine but will not come thru
with the e-mail, does anyone have any idea why??

Djohn 19:07 14 Dec 03

If they are attachments, you need to click on the paperclip Icon then choose open or save.

MAJ 19:12 14 Dec 03

Is Outlook Express giving you a message that it has removed the attachments, Nightryder? If so, go to (in OE) Tools > Options > Security tab and untick the option which says "Do not allow attachments to be saved or opened that potentially be a virus".

Nightryder 19:26 14 Dec 03

There is no paper clip, no message, no nothing,
just the written e-mail, I can receive any other photo attatchments without any problems, what is so different about black& white? the sender even tried scanning the photos in colour (which improved the quality)but they still will not send.

spikeychris 19:30 14 Dec 03

Looks like your going to have to buy a black and white computer.

Kidding of course. Makes no difference if its monochrome or colour.....

Djohn 19:37 14 Dec 03

Which browser are you using?

Djohn 19:43 14 Dec 03

Nightryder, just reading both your post again and it seems as though you can receive attachments OK. Then you say "They will not send" It may be that the person sending them to you is not attaching them correctly in the first place.

MAJ 19:48 14 Dec 03

Djohn's suggestion is the only one I can come up with also. Maybe the sender has a limit on the size of file they can send. Get them to (as a test) reduce the file size first (maybe to about 100k)then try sending.

spikeychris 19:49 14 Dec 03

Agree, scanned images can be on the large size.

Nightryder 20:18 14 Dec 03

Im using IE6, the photos are very small & scanned are only a small file.

MAJ 20:19 14 Dec 03

Refer back to Djohn's last post, in that case, Nightryder.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…