e-mailaddress

trugor 08:54 17 Apr 06

how do i set an e-mail address on second computer with my wifes address

I recently got set upvia a router and cannot seem to set up an e-mail address

Taff™ 10:01 17 Apr 06

A little bit more explanation required here please. Does your wife have an e-mail address? Do we understand that you have two computers and they are linked to a (wireless) router? Is she using Outlook express?

Taff™ 10:22 17 Apr 06

Oh! Whilst I think about it who is your ISP and does your wife have an e-mail address with the same provider or another one?

trugor 11:09 17 Apr 06

I recently changed from bt to talktalk and when i connected up router we could not get an e-mailaddress on my wifes computer

Is is possible to set one up under talktalk and if so how do i go about it step by step please

I use Outlook Express

Taff™ 11:17 17 Apr 06

So, correct me when I go wrong! You have a Talk Talk e-mail address and your wife has a BT address but you are connecting via Talk Talk as your ISP.

If that`s the case and your e-mails are working OK open your Outlook Express then Tools>Accounts and select your account. Then properties to the left and the servers Tab. Make a note of the SMTP (Outgoing) server. Now do the same in your wife`s account but replace the outgoing server (mail.btinternet.com or something similar) with the one from your account. The incoming (POP3) should still be BT`s. You may also need to checkif the outgoing server needs authentication for Talk Talk on your machine and replicate that on your wife`s account.

Taff™ 12:20 17 Apr 06

Did that do it then?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Here's what should be coming to Adobe Project Felix in 2017

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…