e-mail virus

bob308w 08:05 02 Jan 06

Is it possible to get a virus by opening an e-mail, or only by opening an attachment to an e-mail?

Diemmess 09:47 02 Jan 06

Either

bob308w 09:58 02 Jan 06

OK ta, but does my anti-virus (Bullguard) not protect me if I do open them?

VoG II 11:45 02 Jan 06

Do not open mails from people that you don't know or open unexpected attachments from people that you do know - check with rhem first. Better safe than sorry.

bob308w 12:02 02 Jan 06

Why does my anti virus not protect me from these?

VoG II 12:12 02 Jan 06

There are new viruses practically every day. Your anti-virus should protect you from 'old' viruses but not necessarily new ones.

You only have to look at the number of threads that appear in the Helproom asking for assistance in removing viruses.

bob308w 12:18 02 Jan 06

for your prompt answers to my query. As I understand it, viruses are programmes greated by sad people that spend their lives designing them, with the sole purpose of making other peoples lives difficult? Or am I missing something?

p;3 12:23 02 Jan 06

you could try using mailwasher to preview your mails on server,(very safetly) then chuck them from server if at all in doubt; brilliant program and certaily saves a lot of hassle of having mails on your pc you would rather know nowt about!well worth using in my opinion:)

VoG II 12:28 02 Jan 06

Have a read of this click here

Mailwasher click here

p;3 12:44 02 Jan 06

"As I understand it, viruses are programmes greated by sad people that spend their lives designing them, with the sole purpose of making other peoples lives difficult? Or am I missing something?" that"s not a bad description ; and what you wish to miss IS the attack on you pc:)) catching nasties can be so easy; getting rid of them can be a nitmare:)

bob308w 12:45 02 Jan 06

that site is very educational (if a little disturbing!). So are viruses man-made or ....?I'll have a look at the Mailwasher site later, have to down load the dog at the moment.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Prehistoric Britain is laid out in these Royal Mail stamp illustrations

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…