E-mail Virus?

SABRE 08:48 06 May 04

I am running Norton Anti-virus and it is fully up to date. It also scans my system overnight, every night. God knows why but thats another story. Anyway, it reports no viruses. However, I keep getting e-mails back from people that I have never heard of or sent to saying 'message undeliverable' because I presume that address no longer exists or something like the following:

'The file attachment / html you sent to the recipients listed above was infected with the Suspicious IFrame.a virus and was deleted. The file attachment message.scr you sent to the recipients listed above was infected with the [email protected] virus and was successfully cleaned'. CAN ANYONE ADVISE PLEASE?

johnnyrocker 08:57 06 May 04

simply put it a spoofed mail sent from someone who is infected and has your address in their address book.

johnny.

Stuartli 09:10 06 May 04

Norton is clearly doing its job, whilst it's most unlikely that the person or persons whose system is infected have any clue about it.

Re Norton scanning your system overnight - you must have it configured to do so automatically.

RevHed 10:48 06 May 04

Viruses will randomly select email addresses and text messages and send them on. For example your email address will be on a friends computer also your friend may have an email address of a company that they have delt with but you have no association with.If your friend has no protection agianst that particular virus,The virus will select your email address with a random message and send it to another contact in his mailing list, and so on it. I have had nasty emails from companies I have never heard of complaining about a virus I sent them.

SABRE 15:25 06 May 04

Thank you good people. In essence I am OK. It's others with my mail address who have the problem.

Have changed Norton to scan once a week (I hope!!)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…