e-mail transfer help

bairdy 13:18 28 Jan 04

I have windows xp installed in my system and the hard disk has failed. I have installed onto a new hard disk a fresh copy of xp so my system is up and running but I need to access my old e mail messages and also the dial up settings for my internet account from the old hard drive. I can still access the old HDD after connecting it up as a slave but I dont know where the dun settings are or the e-mail message cache/folder.

Hope some one can help

davejo 13:58 28 Jan 04

First open Outlook express, then goto 'file, 'import', 'OS6', Highlight 'main identities', then browse to your old 'C' drive, 'Documents and settings',then click on your name, (assuming you have set to log on in your name).
Then 'Local setings','Identities' then expand each folder until you come to Outlook express, highlight this folder and click next.

bairdy 19:01 28 Jan 04

thanks a lot davejo, that worked a treat. All messages are now saved

davejo 13:40 29 Jan 04

Bairdy, Your log in and password,
If you have a dial up connection, then you may have an .inf file from your ISP on the old hard-drive.
To find it search files and folders using *.inf in the search line, look at all the results in the list until you see your ISP's name the open the file,(rightclick,open with notepad) if this is the right file you should see your username and password as you scroll down the page.
The other way to do it is look through the windows 'inf' folder and search yourself.
Sorry but thats as much as I can do.
Good luck

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Microsoft Surface Studio PC release date, pricing, design, features and spec: Microsoft showcases…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

Apple Q4 2016 financial results | Apple earnings report: iPhone, iPad and Mac sales down, profits d6…