E-mail spilt from 1 mail box 2 persons to 2 computers 1 for each person

Terry_l 13:01 01 Apr 13

My wife and I have been using the same desk top computer on Windows XP Outlook Express. I then bought a lap top also with XP and Outlook Express. I deleted my name and e-mail address form the desk top and added those to the lap top. Now both computers will recieve and send e-mail but both recieve each others emails on both computers. How can I configure each computer to only recieve one of the two names?

Woolwell 17:02 01 Apr 13

Something is not right with the account settings. Is the user name in the settings [email protected] or just isp name?

Terry_l 20:58 01 Apr 13

Names and e-mail addresses are unique to each computer but the e-mail outgoing (SMTP) & incoming (POP3)are the same as is the account name and password for the server.

Terry_l

Woolwell 22:34 01 Apr 13

I guess that you get all of the emails for both you and your wife through one account in OE. You should have 2 accounts - one each. The account names should be something like husband...@ and wife... @. Who is your ISP.

difarn 09:09 02 Apr 13

You should be able to go into Message Rules and create a filter. In this filter you should put in anything that you want excluding. For example the part of the e-mail address of your wife that is different from yours, and then vice-versa on the second pc. I had to do this in a Thunderbird account for a similar scenario. I do not know the version of Outlook Express that you are using but the attached may help.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Prehistoric Britain is laid out in these Royal Mail stamp illustrations

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…