e-mail sent in error

Stubacka 09:49 07 Oct 03

A colleague at work (honestly it wasn't me) has sent an e-mail to the wrong person in error. Is it possible to retrieve or delete this e-mail if it has not been read by the recipient?

1dave2 09:51 07 Oct 03

No!

tenaka 09:58 07 Oct 03

With Outlook, there is an option to retrieve the email if the person hasn't opened it.

With our system it doesn't work perfectly though and the recall sticks another email in the receiver's inbox. if they click on the recall one before the email to be recalled, then it works and they will see the other one deleted automatically. The recall email also deletes itself.

If they click on the email to be retrieved first then when they click on the recall email, it deletes but the other email remains.

Good luck with the email that your *ahem* work collegue sent :p

Hyperangelic 10:01 07 Oct 03

As Tenaka said, if you have the standard installation of Outlook you can recall messages. Open the original message that was sent in error, and click on tools, there should be an option to recall the message. (sorry its a bit vague but my current installation of Outlook doesn't let me do it)

As Tenaka also said, it is visible as the recall goes into the other user's inbox and a fast moving person will see them and get to read them. 99% of people will never know that they had an e-mail and it was recalled however.

good luck.

Hyperangelic 10:04 07 Oct 03

oops, it might be in Actions either - have a look and you might find it...

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…