E-mail Saving

SABRE 08:31 12 Jul 03

I want to save my historic e-mails to disk (MS Outlook). Is there anyway of doing this so that they are individualy readable from the disk in case I nead to refer to one of them. I am aware of saving them all as a .pst file but this means (I think) that I have to restore the whole lot back into Outlook in order to view just one.

March Hare 17:34 12 Jul 03

The only way I've found of doing this (I use Outlook Express) is quite labour-intensive.

I create a new folder in My Docs, then open each email one by one, save it into the new folder. The completed folder can then be copied to CD. All mails are then readable from the CD.

I suspect that someone may come up with a better and quicker method.

anniesboy68 19:12 12 Jul 03

There is a thread on this somewhere quite recently, search in the search box

dezi 21:56 12 Jul 03

Try oppening your OE to display the list of your emails. Next open your WORDpad or the like, adjust so that you see both on your monitor. Drag emails from OE to Wordpad, when finished save the Wordpad file to hard disk. You could then clear the emails from your OE.

Pesala 12:44 13 Jul 03

Select a PDF printer driver and print all the emails you want to save. Maybe do once a week or once a month and name the PDF files accordingly.

Nellie2 13:36 13 Jul 03

A good freeware program mentioned here click here

Valvegrid 14:15 13 Jul 03

I use Outlook at work and if I want to save the email on my local dive all I do is go to File>Save as then you can save it as a word document any where you like. It saves re-importing .pst files everytime you need to re-read the email, also anyone with a word processor can read it.

Paul.

SABRE 14:42 14 Jul 03

Problem is that I have about 1500 e-mails that I want to save. They are all currently saved as a .pst file. Opening each one and saving as text etc. would be a slog. I have just re-loaded Outlook and there are occasional e-mails that I need to refer to. What I don't really want to do is re-install the bloody lot back into Outlook.

SABRE 14:44 14 Jul 03

Truth is, I dont think I can do what I actually want to do, which really is have all the e-mails on a disk individually and open them up as and when I wish to. Think it might be possible to save each one individually but don't think I can save in bulk.

Jester2K II 14:46 14 Jul 03

Open Windows Explorer. Create a folder to store your e-mails.

Now open Outlook. Select al the messages you want to save and then drag and drop them into the folder in Windows Explorer. Each message will then be saved under its subject name.

You can open individual messages by double lc licking without having to reload then back into Outlook or you can drag and drop them back into Outlook folder in the reverse direction of the method above...

Jester2K II 14:48 14 Jul 03

Oh have a practice with 10 messages first to see if it does what you want...

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…