E-mail restore

captain birdseye 11:40 18 Jun 03

Hi folks,

Does anybody know how to restore mailboxes to Outlook Express when the server is IMAP? At work our e-mail is IMAP which is held on the server and downloaded each time a user logs on (but remains on the server). The server is now very full and needs a clearout but we need to keep the e-mails for legal and record reasons so cannot delete from the server without a backup. I have copied the maintenance store folder to both a cd and a folder on the local desktop and the mailboxes have been saved as .dbx files which apparently is an AutoCAD native file extension. After making successful copies I have deleted the mailboxes from the server (I've only tried a test one so have not lost anything vital). I have tried importing the messages back in from the cd and the desktop folder but get the error message "Cannot import, file already in use etc"

Any ideas how to restore please and what happens to the attachments?

eccomputers 12:13 18 Jun 03

.dbx files are email files and to import them they have to be in a folder called 'outlook express'. If you point to any other folder name the import does not work.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…