E-mail replies go to wrong identity

Oak 14:25 02 Dec 05

I have set up two identities in Outlook Express one for HOME and one for WORK. When I send an e-mail from WORK the reply is received in the HOME Inbox. I feel I am missing something really simple. I can forward messages from HOME to WORK but this defeats the purpose of setting up the two identities. Any help appreciated.

Skyver 14:35 02 Dec 05

Rules? One in the Work identity `If TO address = home address, do not download from the server` and the equivalent in the Home identity?

Oak 21:41 24 Dec 05

Thanks skyver I ahve only just been able to test your suggestion due to lack of WORK mail. Sorry to say it did not work. I wonder if the problem iss occurring because my WORK correspondents are using the Reply button to respond to my queries instead of creating a new message. Thanks for the suggestion anyway.

MrMoz 21:46 24 Dec 05

Click on tools > acounts select your work account click on properties and make sure the reply address on the general tab is correct

Oak 21:37 03 Jan 06

As I thought something simple (and stupid)MrMoz thanks for leading me to the problem. It was not the reply address which was wrong but the e-mail address used was the same for HOME and WORK. Therefore when anyone responded to my work mail using the reply button the replies went to my HOME inbox. Thanks to all who tried to help.

Skyver 23:37 03 Jan 06

Cheers for getting back with the cause/cure.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How VR is being used to simulate space

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now