E-Mail recovery

DESNL 08:28 14 Apr 10

My computer crashed and after considerable juggling have been able to restore. However for some strange reason the E-mails of the last 6 montgs have disappeared, with prior E-Mails remaining.
Please asdvise as to how I can recover
Thanks in anticipation - DES.NL

walesrob 09:11 14 Apr 10

We need some further details here so we can offer some advice: Operating system? (i.e. Windows XP, Windows Vista)
Email software? (Windows Mail, Outlook Express, Thunderbird)

DESNL 09:46 14 Apr 10

For walesrob
Many thanks - Windows XP and Outlook Express

Terry Brown 10:04 14 Apr 10

Possibly, if the emails are important, you may be able to get a copy from your ISP (they may charge)

The safest way to keep your emails is as follows:

Create a folder on your harddrive for Emails
Open Outlook Express and the new folder together (on the same page.

Highlight the Emails you want to keep and drag to the new folder. You now have an independent copy of your emails that can be used like any other document, and you can safely delete the emails from the outlook Express if not currently wanted.
Terry

walesrob 11:52 14 Apr 10

DESNL, take a look here click here , it may be the case your more recent emails were saved to a different location than the older stuff or you may have more than one identity folders.

Good luck, and post back if you need any further help.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

AMD Ryzen release date, specifications and features: Three CPUs from the Ryzen 7 range now…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…