e. mail receipt

Lemur 13:05 28 Jan 05

I was using MSGTAG, until BT adding Yahoo to my connection, stopped MSGTAG working. I am now trying to use the Outlook Express receipt system, but it does rely on the active co-operation of the recipient, which frequently tends not to happen. Is there any legal, technical, or other reason why the very act of the recipient opening my e. mail should not automatically trigger a receipt? Thank you.

TOPCAT® 15:01 28 Jan 05

you can configure OE to request a receipt of email from the recipient. This is done by opening in Outlook Express, Tools/Options and clicking the Receipts tag, there ticking the relevant box.

By default, the Returning Read Receipts is set to 'Notify me....' so it is up to the recipient to send a receipt or not. TC.

TOPCAT® 15:12 28 Jan 05

I now see my post is irrelevant, sorry! Should have re-read before posting. :o(

You can only more or less guarantee a receipt if your recipients, using Outlook Express of course, ALL configure OE to send them manually or automatically. TC.

Lemur 19:24 03 Feb 05

Thanks TOPCAT for your efforts. My enquiry this time was a sort of follow up to my enquiry of 12.08.03. In the absence of any concrete answer to my specific question, I guess that I will have to assume that there is a legal reason. I can't believe that it is impossible technically! Maybe one day!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Studio vs iMac 5K comparison review: Apple and Microsoft all-in-one PCs battle it out

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Social media image sizes, specs and aspect ratios: the ultimate guide

New MacBook Pro release date, price and specs | New MacBook Pro 2016 announced: Now with Touch Bar…