e-mail receipt

Lemur 09:43 12 Aug 03

I maintain an address list of members of my club. Twenty five of those members have e-mail addresses.

When I send circulars by e-mail, only a few members actually respond, the remainder remain silent. In the absence of a) my getting a message from the Mailmaster b)using the automatic receipt request system every time c) getting an e-mail address wrong, can I be sure that all twenty five members have got the message? In other words, does silence mean that the message has reached the recipients computer please?

Thank you.

Jester2K II 09:47 12 Aug 03

You can't be sure ever.

Even if you ask for a receipt the recipient doesn't have to return one!!!

You could send out an e-mail asking for people to confirm that they are receiving these messages, but then again you can't make people answer...

If you are using Outlook, you can ask for a Delivery Receipt. This is different from a read receipt in that the user at the other end doesn't have to answer any questions.

To enable this, create a new email, this click on View | Options and click the "Request a delivery receipt for this message".

Jester2K II 09:57 12 Aug 03

Please clarify. I can't see View, Options in Outlook or Outlook Express.

There is a tools, options in both but then i can't see this "Request a delivery receipt for this message" option either.

GroupFC 10:24 12 Aug 03

Nor can I!!

Belatucadrus 15:49 12 Aug 03

click here you could try messagetags free, I have no idea if it's any good.

-pops- 16:08 12 Aug 03

I've used msgtags (as per Belatucadrus) for some weeks now after I suspected that some emails were going astray - they were, don't know how or why but they were all recorded by the program. It works fine in my opinion!

tenaka 16:56 12 Aug 03

Did you go to the view menu within the email you opened? Not the view option in Outlook/Outlook Express itself.

The option is there for me.

Using Outlook 2000 SR1

Jester2K II 16:58 12 Aug 03

tenaka - i see.

GroupFC 17:10 12 Aug 03

I can't see it in OE6, but I see you use outlook 2000. Unfortunately, I only have outlook 97 and I can't see it in there either!

Lemur 21:32 12 Aug 03

Thanks to all. The only idea I had any luck with was the MSGTAG system, which I am now trialling.

I am by no means a computer expert, but it does seem to me that the various versions of Outlook have been a bit hit and miss over this subject, and one might hope that the latest version could perhaps be changed to incorporate the facility!?

MSGTAG looks to be what I need, so I will now close the discussion. Thanks again.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Switch price…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…