e mail read receipt still no good madboy33

keith48 13:51 18 Jan 03
  keith48 13:51 18 Jan 03

you said go to outlook express, tools, options, reeipts, then box that says request a receipt for all sent messagas, but when I go totools the only options is internet options and from there I dont have any box letting me requesta receipt, any ideas where we are going wrong ?

rowdy 13:56 18 Jan 03

that you are not in Internet Express when you should be in Outlook Express. the options you quote are in Internet express.

rowdy

powerless 14:07 18 Jan 03

Explorer

rowdy 14:09 18 Jan 03

Yes I stand corrected,really should read what I type.
thanks

rowdy

-pops- 14:22 18 Jan 03

You have to be in the Create Mail mode for this option to be shown in Tools.

Brian

watchful 14:30 18 Jan 03

Quite right -pops- but it's best to set it in Outlook Express-Tools-Options-receipts if you need this facility.

Peter E 14:41 18 Jan 03

In "Outlook Express", as -pops- says, Create Mail and when the New Message window comes up, type up your e-mail, and then select Tools - Request Read Receipt from the menu bar in this window. Then send it.

Madboy was correct in that in Tools - Options of the main window is a Receipts tab. You can put a tick in a box here to request a read receipt for all messages you send. Saves you doing it for each individual message. Remember that the person receiving the e-mail can refuse to send a receipt if they so wish.

Of course, you can send an e-mail in Internet Explorer by selecting Tools - Mail and News - New Message. This opens the New Message window of Outlook Express.

Regards

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…