e mail read receipt

keith48 09:13 18 Jan 03
  keith48 09:13 18 Jan 03

how do I set my e mails up so that I get a receipt that it has been received

User-312386 09:18 18 Jan 03

open outlook/outlook express

go to tools>options>receipts, then check the box that says "request a read receipt for all sent messages"

Andsome 10:38 18 Jan 03

This could be ticked as resolved now

Personally, I would avoid doing it at all!

When you send a receipt request to somebody, unless they have their system set up to respond to these automactically, they will be asked if they want to reciept it.

Most will not and it will not prevent access to the message.

If I receive these requests I ALWAYS decline to reply. If the person has sent me a message that is important enough that he needs a response I will send one anyway and thereby acknowledge the original message.

If somebody wants to make sure I have received a message that says "Have you seen this groovy website" I will decline as it is pointless.

The receipt of IMPORTANT documents may require automatic acknoledgement in a commercial and legal setting but otherwise not and to request them implies that you do not trust the receipient in the first place!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Studio vs iMac 5K comparison review: Apple and Microsoft all-in-one PCs battle it out

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Social media image sizes, specs and aspect ratios: the ultimate guide

New MacBook Pro release date, price and specs | New MacBook Pro 2016 announced: Now with Touch Bar…