E-Mail question

EJ1947 19:06 05 Oct 05

Hia,
Is it possible for someone to temporaly receive their e-mails via my PC. I have a Onetel broadband and e-mail account and relative has Tiscali dial up account at his home but needs to collect his e-mails on my PC. If possible what would I need to do to set this up.
Thanks for any help.

mattyc_92 19:10 05 Oct 05

Just go onto the Tiscali site and get him to type in his username and password and click the "login" button....

Then just click onto the "e-mail" option

You can access your e-mail on any computer (provided it has a internet connection and correct web browser) anywhere in the world.

johnnyrocker 19:11 05 Oct 05

set up a new account in his name using using your outgoing server and the tiscali incoming server, or even easier he could access hs webmail account from anywhere using either tiscali website or webmail.co.uk and inputting his e mail address and password.

johnny.

johnnyrocker 19:12 05 Oct 05

must type quicker.

johnny.

chub_tor 19:12 05 Oct 05

I don't use Tiscali but looking at their home page there is a button to read email once your friend has logged in to his account. I use both the f2s and freeuk home pages to do this when I am away and it works fine.

EJ1947 19:23 05 Oct 05

Wow that was quick response. Mattyc_92 will your method allow him to download his e-mails and not just view them? Or would I have to do as johnnyrocker suggests and make a new account.

mattyc_92 19:27 05 Oct 05

He can download anything that has been sent to him to your machine. The files will STILL be stored on the e-mail's server so he can download them again on another system or whatever.

EJ1947 19:32 05 Oct 05

Thanks to all. The best forum on the web by far.

johnnyrocker 19:41 05 Oct 05

unless he has his mail cofigured to leave message on server he will lose the mail once downloaded.

johnny.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch 2 review | Apple Watch Series 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter, water-resit…