e mail , proof of delivery

User-271645 09:46 26 Sep 03

Several of my emails which appear to have been sent never arrive at there destination , they arent returned but just dont get there .
Is there a way of having an automatic "mail delivered " notice
Thanks

Way1 10:26 26 Sep 03

Yes, there is. Go to the site MSGTAG (type into google) and you will get a free download which will take approx. 3 minutes.
'Pops' made me aware of it and he would know more about it, so maybe he will see your post later.

Pesala 10:43 26 Sep 03

Maybe only a few people will need it, but it is free and should do the business. I have dowloaded it from click here

The installation program is a 1.2 Mbytes Executable file.

Taff36 10:44 26 Sep 03

In Outlook Express when you compose a message select TOOLS>REQUEST MESSAGE RECEIPT before you send it.

This will ask the recipient for an e-mail receipt to be sent to you when they READ it. BUT they could say NO! I think MSGTAG gets round that by sending you one automatically - I haven`t tried it yet.

I think one of the threads recently suggested that OUTLOOK (not express) has a DELIVERED receipt that can be switched on automatically. This is as opposed to a read receipt.

-pops- 11:09 26 Sep 03

I was so impressed with MGSTAG after trying it free for some weeks, I have now got the paid for version. This is different to the free one in that it doesn't give an indication to the recipient that the message is tagged if you don't want it to (the free one leaves a message at the bottom of the email).

The paid for version usually comes on a special offer when you have the free one installed and it's only £8 or so - very well spent!!

Brian

-pops- 11:11 26 Sep 03

Note MSGTAG is different to the Outlook "Delivered" system as it doesn't reply until the message have been opened (and presumably read).

User-271645 11:53 26 Sep 03

Can some tell me how yo configure outlook express
I have an email address ending in netscape.net , I need to use this address but use a freeserve anytime account but not their email address.
What do I put in the ingoing and outgoing boxes to configure outlook ?
Thanks and for solving my last problem

-pops- 13:10 26 Sep 03

To use a Netscape address you need a Netscape account I use Netscape's own email system for my netscape email address. No point in making complicated setups when all you have to do is download Netscape and use their system.

Check it out click here

It's free. If you don't like it, take it out but, I use Netscape most of the time.

Brian

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

AMD Ryzen release date, specifications and features: Three CPUs from the Ryzen 7 range now…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…