e-mail problems

Rotenone 21:23 23 Jul 05

I subscibe to BT Broadband Basic.The internet connection works fine.The e-mail connection has just stopped working.In Outlook Express I get the following error message:-The connection to the server has failed.
Account:mail.btinternet.com.Server:mail.btinternet.com Protocol:SMTP Port:25 Secure(SSL):No
Socket error:10061 Error no. Ox800CCE0E
In Outlook I get the following error message:Task BT_Internet-Receivingreported error Ox80042108.Outlook is unable to connect to your incoming (POP3) e-mail server.If this continues,contact your server/ISP. Instead I am contacting the expertise of the PC Advisor Helpline Forum.I welcome any advice from you.

LastChip 22:29 23 Jul 05

It may just be BT have a problem with their e-mail server.

If I were you, I'd wait until tomorrow and try again.

Rotenone 22:34 23 Jul 05

Thank you for the reply. The problem has been with me for 3 days but I will do as you say and see if it resolves itself tomorrow.

stalion 22:35 23 Jul 05

you can still receive email from a pop server on your old isp but you can not send email on broadband useing your old email connection, you need to set up an email account with your bt broadband so that you can use outgoing mail

Rotenone 22:54 23 Jul 05

How do I do what you suggest?

stalion 22:58 23 Jul 05

if BT Broadband Basic has not supplied you with the means to set up a email account through them
then you need to set up an independant email account with yahoo or another one of your choice

Eastender 22:58 23 Jul 05

You have had POP3/SMTP working with BT basic have you because last time I looked at this it was Net based emails only.

wobblymike 23:01 23 Jul 05

I believe bt internet requires e mail authentication this is done via tools, accounts, mail just a thought and worth a check

stalion 23:02 23 Jul 05

one example click here

VoG II 23:03 23 Jul 05
  Rotenone 23:06 23 Jul 05

When I click on your"click here",nothing happens except that I see the address "click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Microsoft Surface PC release date, price and specs: All-in-one Surface PC to directly rival iMac

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

Apple's event invitations decoded: A look back at 16 of Apple's most cryptic invites | Clues in…