e mail problem

Rebanut 15:58 27 Oct 09

Can anyone help with this email problem, i checked my mail as normal this morning and all was fine, but I just switched pc on again a few mins ago and a box pops up saying "please enter your user name and password for the following server" but they are already there, i am using ie7 and xp, i just dont understand what could have changed in the 4 hours between accessing mail normally and now this, any help please for a novice.
Colin.

johndrew 16:05 27 Oct 09

Who is your supplier (ISP)? Have you checked to see if there is a problem at their end? Might sound strange but it is not unknown for problems with mailservers to affect your log on.

Rebanut 16:49 27 Oct 09

No i havent checked Virgin to see if its their problem, maybe thats my next move, thanks anyhow.

VoG II 16:53 27 Oct 09

You can check click here

tes 17:08 27 Oct 09

Same problem. Comes & goes. Virgin web site says "no probs",but I have had this before & I am sure it is them.

Batch 17:27 27 Oct 09

This problem can present itself when the ISP's authentication server is down. Just wait a few hours and try again.

birdface 18:11 27 Oct 09

Same problem using virgin.Comes and goes.
They had to shut it down about 3 weeks ago to fix the e-mail problem.Looks like they may have it back again.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

Where HTML5 is headed next

MacBook Pro v Surface Pro 5