E-mail Problem

Bingalau 23:07 16 Dec 06

I'm with Outlook Express and have never had a problem until recently. But now I find when I am fully booted and on line, I get onto Outlook Express o.k. but when I hit the Send/Receive button my connection disappears/disconnects. This doesn't happen all the time but often enough to be frustrating. Sometimes it takes three or four attempts before it stays on. Then it will be o.k. for the rest of the day. Only to maybe happen again a couple of days later. In other words one day it works o.k. and another it may take me three or four attempts to get my mail through. ..Bingalau..

postie24 23:30 16 Dec 06

Have a look here click here

Bingalau 23:44 16 Dec 06

postie24... Thanks have just read through that little lot and have had a go at the first option. If that doesn't show improvement tomorrow I will work my way through the rest. Will let you know when I see any improvement. ..Bingalau..

postie24 10:17 17 Dec 06

Ok bingalau,hope you get it sorted...postie24

Bingalau 10:56 18 Dec 06

postie24. I have noticed a slight improvement to the problem, but am now thinking along the lines of my telephone connections. I intend to go out and buy some more of those suppressors or whatever they are and see if that makes any difference. I think there is one extension in the house which hasn't got a suppressor fitted, so I'm wondering if it may be a little thing like that which is causing the "Hang" (I think that's what it is called on the site you gave me). Meanwhile I will just have to put up with the slight inconvenience of it. Many thanks again for your contribution. ..Bingalau..

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…