E mail problem

nickyjane 11:52 12 Feb 06

Hi Guys. My mum has been trying to send me emails, but I dont seem to recieve them. I use outlook express and she uses hot mail, is the problem with me or her.She does receive my emails, and I seem to receive all other emails ok. Thanks

Fellsider 12:12 12 Feb 06

Are the e-mails returned to your mum, or do they just disappear?

If they are returned then there is something wrong with one of the setups.

If they just disappear then I would say that she is sending them to the wrong place.

Longhouse 12:20 12 Feb 06

Try getting your Mum to "reply" to a test mail sent from you using the reply button on the toolbar rather than creating a new mail in response - that way you will confirm that she is using the correct address.

If that fails, check your message rules to make sure that you're not inadveratntly blocking mail from your Mum.

Longhouse

Wilham 12:22 12 Feb 06

nickyjane: I suggest a quick check is to email mum and ask her to answer using the reply option. If ok there is an error in her addressing.

nickyjane 12:27 12 Feb 06

Hi Guys. Thanks for the help. Have done what " longhouse " said and have just received a reply from my mum. I think it might have been her not sending it right. She is 77 , so I must make some allowances. Thanks once again. Nickyjane

beynac 12:27 12 Feb 06

Who do you use for email? Is it Tesco or NTL? If so, the reason is that NTL, who also operate Tesco broadband, are bouncing mail from hotmail (amongst others) because they appear on one of the anti-spam lists (SORBS). See this previous thread click here

Longhouse 12:35 12 Feb 06

Glad that worked. Suggest you now get your Mum to delete any old address she haad for you in the OE address book, then save your "new" address by right click on the successful test message and "add sender to address book" then should be no more problems.

Longhouse

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now