"e" Mail Problem?

Bingalau 11:45 07 Dec 05

I have been getting the following message far too often recently, .... These recipients of your message have been processed by the mail server " address etc." Failed; 4.4.7 (delivery time expired)....I am beginning to think I am doing something wrong when sending out my "e" mails. Anybody got any suggestions? Bingalau

interzone55 12:06 07 Dec 05

Is it always the same addresses that time out?

Email messages get to their destination by bouncing from server to server, if the journey takes more than a certain amount of steps, or the incoming server refuses the message more than 3 or 4 times the message will be bounced back to the sender.

There could be a number of reasons for the receiving server to reject the email, it could be that the email address doesn't exist, so check you have the correct address.
Or it could be that the recipients ISP is actively blocking emails from your ISP, perhaps due to spam or virus attacks from someone using your ISP.
Or perhaps the recipients mailbox is full.

DieSse 12:27 07 Dec 05

Delivery time expired is normally a long period - several days at least. It often applies to addresses in *quaint* parts of the world - China, some Arab and African states etc - where there are restricted access issues.

Bingalau 12:36 07 Dec 05

alan14 .. Yes it is mainly the same addresses that it happens to but this problem has only arisen over the last couple of weeks. They are addresses of friends I send to regularly, and it has never happened before. I am beginning to wonder if it is because I have started choosing the addresses by a different method, namely from clicking on the "to" button and choosing them from the address list. Previously I used to type them in! In the past I would get the occasional mail returned probably because of a full mailbox when the recipient has been on holiday etc. But it seems to be happening too frequently now. Thanks for your reply... Bingalau

Bingalau 13:17 07 Dec 05

Bump

interzone55 14:31 07 Dec 05

Have you checked that the address in your address book is correct?

I know I've accidentally changed these in the past, also you could try contacting your friend by phone and asking them to check that they haven't inadvertantly added you to their blocked senders list.

Bingalau 14:48 07 Dec 05

alan14
You may be right there I will call a few of them tonight and see if they can throw any light on the subject. They may have done it inadvertantly, then again they may have done it on purpose??? Nah!!! they are still sending me "e" mails themselves. I have checked as much as I can at my end and my address book is correct. I will not close this thread yet in case anyone else sees it and can think of a reason. Bingalau

Bingalau 15:38 07 Dec 05

Bingalau 15:22 08 Dec 05

alan14 / DieSse/ Thanks for trying to help but so far I don't seem to have cracked this little problem. It's not exactly the end of the world as most of the mails I send out are only for amusement. But I will bump it up one more time and hope someone may be able to throw some light on the subject. Some of my recipients have checked from their end and all seems as normal. Bingalau..

interzone55 16:44 08 Dec 05

Sorry mate, busy day at work so I've not been looking into the forums...

Does your ISP have a webmail facility?
If they do, try sending a mail to your friends from the webmail page, if it works then you will then know you're software is at fault.

If you don't have webmail then send me an email by clicking my yellow envelope & I'll send you a gmail invite to get a free googlemail account, then try sending mails from this account.

Bingalau 17:18 08 Dec 05

alan14...Work? What's that? I'm one of those blokes who wonders how on earth he ever found the time to go to work (retired) I will have a go at using webmail tomorrow because I am just off out to a Christmas party. Had two parties already... Glad it only comes round once a year 'cos I can't stand the pace now.. Anyway then, if The webmail system doesn't work out I will contact you and have a go at this "Google" thingy. Thanks again...Bingalau..

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation technologies coming to Siggraph 2017

iPad Pro 12.9 vs Surface Pro 5