e-mail problem

joe95 14:00 22 Dec 04

when my daughter receives e-mails with attachments and when she tries to open them gets message, this file doesn't have a program associated with it for performing this action. Create an association in My computer by clicking view then clicking folder options.
running W98 I have no idea and keep getting frantic phone calls.
Thanks

feb 14:15 22 Dec 04

Hi joe95, the attachments have been created using a program that your daughters pc doesn't have, she needs to find the program that was used or contact the person who sent it to see if it can be created in another format

JoeC 14:26 22 Dec 04

find out the extension for the attachment ( such as .doc .txt .pps or whatever ) and look here

click here

to associate the appropriate programme to open / view the attachment. It may be that she just needs a " viewer " such as those at Microsoft's website. I had to download a PowerPoint viewer from there not so long ago.

joe95 16:14 22 Dec 04

JoeC
It just has txt on the attachment which checking on the list seems to indicate Notepad would this be the one to use for her?

JoeC 16:56 22 Dec 04

or Wordpad I am sure.

Need to get to Tools, Folder Options, File Types and get the association between Notepad / Wordpad there.

From memory, I think you should be able to right click the file / attachment, and select " Open with ". Now select Notepad and that should be it. Fingers crossed. . . . . . .

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…