e mail problem

asilvey 12:49 29 Feb 04

I seem to be unable to reach my AOL addresses by e mail and yet all other various addresses are OK. I use bt openworld as my address via Outlook Express 6.
Anybody any ideas

Jester2K 13:23 29 Feb 04

"I seem to be unable to reach my AOL addresses by e mail "

Which means what exactly?

asilvey 13:35 29 Feb 04

jester2k.

I mean that if i SEND AN EMAIL to anyone on AOL,
it bounces back to me as follows:

A message that you sent could not be delivered to one or more of its
recipients. This is a permanent error. The following address(es) failed:

SMTP error from remote mailer after end of data:
host mailin-03.mx.aol.com [205.188.159.249]: 554-:
(ISP:B2) AOL is not currently accepting email from your point of origin through your ISP. Please contact your ISP's TecHG\344\240al SID=2294041e43b2bf
554 TRANSACTION FAILED
And so on.
It only happens with AOL recipients.

Hope thats enough info.

Jester2K 14:03 29 Feb 04

You can't send e-mail via AOL when you are connected with BTOpenworld. Few ISPs allow this.

You can receive but not send.

asilvey 14:09 29 Feb 04

I am using Outlook Express as my e mail prog.
using BT Openworld connection. My address book will not deliver to AOL addresses although all other addresses i.e. @freeserve, @Tiscali, and @ntl seem to be working OK.
Perhaps this is more understandable.

Jester2K 19:38 29 Feb 04

"AOL is not currently accepting email from your point of origin through your ISP"

Hmmm it appears that AOL has blocked mail sent from your IP address or BTOpenWorld...

Have you contacted BTOpenworld??

Basically you are being blocked by AOL - until you resolve this by talking to AOL and / or BTOpenworld there's not much you can do.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

iPhone 7 review: Enhanced cameras, a refreshed design and water resistance make the iPhone 7 an…