E Mail problem

misters 21:12 29 Jul 03

I have been trying to send e mails using tiscali and hotmail but the messages dont seem to get delivered, i recieve messages ok but cant send,
outlook seems to be working ok, but i dont always like using it except for friends i can trust.
Does anyone have any ideas whats going on?
thanx in advance.

Valvegrid 21:20 29 Jul 03

Have you tried sending emails to yourself? In otherwords, send one from hotmail to tiscali and see if it arrives and visa versa.

misters 21:22 29 Jul 03

Yes tried that but still no joy.

Valvegrid 21:36 29 Jul 03

What email client are you using i.e. Outlook express, or are you using the web mail.

Valvegrid 21:37 29 Jul 03

Sorry, just noticed it's Outlook, I'll have another think.

Valvegrid 21:38 29 Jul 03

On the same track, have you tried sending and receiving on web mail and not Outlook?

comsuppwor 22:22 29 Jul 03

I am having a little bother at the moment to .
but i have half sorted it,
I still had the welcome letter from hotmail,and went into junk e-mail filters,I then took the default option ,seemsthe most secure option was blocking my mail.
hope it helps .Rick.

Valvegrid 22:31 29 Jul 03

OK, that was my next question, that's why I wanted you to try it.

Good luck, hope all goes well.

misters 22:22 30 Jul 03

Have tried what you all say but to no avail, my web mail all seemedto work ok untill about a week ago.
Can i just mention that i dont have any problems with outlook just tiscali and hotmail, and the problems i'm having is just sending messages, they are not getting recieved.
Any more ideas?

VoG II 22:25 30 Jul 03

Are you connected to your default ISP (Tiscali?) when you are trying to send messages?

daba 00:07 31 Jul 03

I have the same problem I think.

I'm on Tiscali B/B and recently all my O/G mail produces error:-

The host '[email protected]' could not be found. Please verify that you have entered the server name correctly. Account: 'Tiscali', Server: '[email protected]', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 11001, Error Number: 0x800CCC0D

All account, server, connection, advanced settings are correct (I'm experienced in manually configuring e-mail settings), yet the problem still exists.

As web-mail works OK, it could be an OE6 problem, but it was working OK until 3 days ago.
Tiscali tech support are looking at problem now

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…