E-mail printing too wide in OE6

Gongoozler 20:39 22 Jul 04

Windows XP Pro with SP2 Beta. IE6 with OE6.
E-mails print right up to the paper edge, and so the printer misses any writing at the edges. In IE, File - Page setup, the left and right margins are both shown as 0. I have tried changing them to larger figures, such as 5 or 10, but the values don't stick. I have tried editing the registry HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Internet Explorer\PageSetup margin_left, and margin_right figures from 1.0 to a larger figure, but this has no effect. Similarly HKEY_USERS\{a long string}\Software\Internet Explorer\PageSetup margin_left, and margin_right has no effect. Although this is not a serious problem, I would be interested to hear of any other ideas. My Windows 98se computer with IE6 and OE6 prints quite normally.

Gongoozler 15:31 23 Jul 04

I am about to give up on this one. My own computer with Windows 98se and the same printer (HP959c) prints perfectly. This Computer with Windows XP Pro tries to print from the paper edge. Setting "Scale to fit" at 95% sorts out the right hand edge, but the print still clips at the left hand edge. I'm convinced that the problem is associated with the IE page setup defaulting to left and right margins at 0. It could be that there is a bug in the printer driver (it is the latest), or more likely in IE6. Word documents give no problem. Perhaps I need to use another browser.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Apple Event as it happened | Apple October Event live blog: Apple unveils new MacBook Pro at…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Graeme Messer's exhibition aims to challenge fears and insecurities

New MacBook Pro release date, price and specs | New MacBook Pro 2016 announced: Now with Touch Bar…