E-mail POP3 Set-up problem...

Have trawled over this for days now have to ask for wise council. Thanks in anticipation!

Swapping PCs Have managed to get all correct passwords for accounts and prior settings from OutExp on RIP PC (ME, good riddance)

Installed new (AVG) anti-v software on my new baby,XP, Outlook (NOT Express)
---------------
Here's what happens on launching OutL:

Tools/EAccounts/View or Change gives Eaccounts. My default will be my NTL account (as previously) and all correct details have been entered directly copied from old PC (checked several times!!).

When TEST ACCOUNT SETTINGS button is pressed all items pass (with a tick) except LOG ONTO INCOMING MAIL SERVER.

I have this as "pop.ntlworld.com"
Now - I know what you're thinking.. doesn't look right does it? - but have cross checked this from the original NTL install pack
[see note 1 below]
--------------------
still with me? ok. Thanks.
--------------------
I have tried faffing with this slightly.. changing 'POP.' to 'POP3.' etc. but just makes things worse, so I am assuming this is correct (unless advised otherwise). So here are my conclusions, thus far:

a) May it be something to do with AVG?
-------------------------------------
On previous PC, Norton had altered the INCOMING MAIL to "pop3.norton.antivirus" and I did install AVG first on this PC before activation of Outlook (seemed the safest thing).

Would you suggest I re-install AVG?

Incidentally - AVG tells me "email scanner is not fully functional" - but I cannot get to the reason why manually. [any advice here gratefully received]

[note1] Possible POP setting is actually typed wrong.. because NORTON had over-written on my old PC, couldn't be 101% sure the NTL pack is correct.

Is there somewhere within Norton (old PC) I can check this info for confirmation?

------------------------------
Phew! War & Peace over - thanks guys for sticking with me!! Look forward to your wisdom (I already know Kung-Fu ;0))

Clint2 07:03 28 Apr 04

I can confirm that settings for NTL mail are:

Incoming: pop.ntlworld.com
Port 110

Outgoing: smtp.ntlworld.com
Port 25

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…