E-mail password problems

Rob Hughes 21:17 14 Nov 09

I'm trying to set up my Talk Talk e-mail account on my new laptop. It has Windows 7 so I'm doing it through Windows Live Mail. It's let me register the address and I input the password, but when I try to download e-mails, it asks for the password again. It seems to already be pre-populated, but I typed it in again just to be sure - but it just keeps bringing the box back, asking for the password again.

I've set the incoming (pop3) and outgoing (smtp) server settings as they were on my desktop PC, so I don't know what I can change to make it work.

I'm sure I've seen this problem before when trying to set up e-mail, but I can't remember what I did to solve it. Does anyone have any ideas?

diver9 21:59 14 Nov 09

Rob,

I had a similar situation with BT - You have to go into the "more Settings" tab on the same page as the "test Account settings" and then select "Outgoing Server" then select the "my outgoing server requires authentication".

Not sure if this is the same for you , but you may want to recheck the set up for your isp.

Cheers

Rich

Sea Urchin 21:59 14 Nov 09
  Sea Urchin 22:06 14 Nov 09

BT Yahoo requires authentication as you say - but TalkTalk does not.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Animator Emanuele Kabu’s psychedelic video is a stunning tribute to Lisbon city

Best Mac antivirus 2017