E-mail messages with pictures.

nam_rahs 19:48 04 Oct 07

I have received several e-mails that contain text and pictures. Whilst the e-mail text can be read the pictures are absent. I understand that Windows Mail blocks pictures within e-mails but this can be unblocked. Does anyone please know how to do this as the instructions given in my Vista for Dummies book does not work. Incidently the picture file extention .doc is that important?

VoG II 19:51 04 Oct 07

These aren't pictures they are Word documents. If you don't have Word installed you will need the Word Viewer to open them click here

nam_rahs 20:20 04 Oct 07

Thanks VoG will try that. Although I am assured by the sender of the e-mails that they are in fact pictures, not as attachments.

Technotiger 20:31 04 Oct 07

.doc as VoG™ says is definitely not a picture file - it is a Word file. There could be picture(s) in the Word file, but it would still have to be opened with Word or via VoG™'s link.

DieSse 22:27 04 Oct 07

Or you could install free Open Office - which is a free "equivalent" to MS Office, and should also open the files.

I've known people send out pictures via Word files, so it's not altogether unusual.

nam_rahs 19:45 05 Oct 07

Thanks all for your advice. I do not have Word installed so will give that a try first.
Thanks again.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…