e-mail links not working

howard60 11:06 30 Sep 04

Just recently using hotmail I keep getting the following - Your email message has been idle and this link has become inactive. - This is even when the message has just been clicked on. If I use outlook express they work. xp pro with sp2 pop up stopper turned off - any suggestions welcomed.

howard60 21:20 30 Sep 04

bump

Legolas 21:54 30 Sep 04

Try this! Quit all programs that are running. Click Start, then run.
Type "regsvr32 urlmon.dll" without the quotes, then click ok.
When you receive the "DllRegisterServer in urlmon.dll succeeded" message, click ok.
Also refer
click here;en-us;q281679
Hope its of some help!

Legolas 21:56 30 Sep 04

The link didnt work right try this
click here;en-us;q281679

Legolas 21:57 30 Sep 04

Ill leave a space http:// support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;q281679

howard60 22:00 01 Oct 04

I have tried all suggestions but no good. I have even tried a system restore but it is just the same. I am now wondering if it is either a problem with Hotmail itself or a conflict within SP2.

sherlock 49 15:01 02 Oct 04

Hi I have got the same problem that only started at the beginning of this week.I have not got sp2 installed,so I think that is a wrong track to go down.I am convinced that it is to do with either messenger or hotmail,thinking of deleting and then reinstalling to see if that will make a difference.Allways had this error messge if I lingered too long on an external link so the impression I get is that a value has been set to zero and then held there, by the way I run xp pro and have all the latest updates except XP2.

howard60 17:40 03 Oct 04

thanks for the info that it is not sp2 so it could be a setting for hotmail in the registry. If anyone knows which one I would be interested.

howard60 22:35 06 Oct 04

today all is working properly again so I guess it was something to do with Hotmail - could well be the alterations they are making to give the new improved service!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…