E-Mail issue

anskyber 20:51 06 Dec 05

I am receiving e-mails fine and my relatives e-mail is also working fine. The trouble is if we e-mail each other he does not receive mine either as a separate e-mail or as a reply e-mail. Any ideas?

Diodorus Siculus 20:53 06 Dec 05

Are you sure that you have the email address exactly as it should be? People often make mistakes in typing their "from" address.

octal 20:54 06 Dec 05

What ISP's are you both using, I have trouble receiving emails from Hotmail users on my NTL account because NTL have blocked Hotmail for whatever reason.

VoG II 20:55 06 Dec 05

Does your relative have any e-mail rules set-up?

anskyber 20:56 06 Dec 05

Yes, the email has been in my address book for a long while. I have also replied to him using the reply button to ensure the correct address. i am with Wanadoo and using Outlook 2003 he is with Tiscali using Outlook Express.

anskyber 20:58 06 Dec 05

VoG™
Not sure re rules. He is getting e-mail from others eg E-Bay. He has gone to BB recently from dial up

VoG II 21:01 06 Dec 05

Ask him to check in Tools|Message Rules just to see if a rule has been (inadvertently) set.

anskyber 21:07 06 Dec 05

VoG™
Thanks may need to get back to you on that since I now cannot raise him on the phone. I have sent e-mail to others and got replies so there is obviously a glitch between my relative and I. Perhaps he is trying to tell me something!!

anskyber 21:20 06 Dec 05

Sorry folks he is using Tiscali e-mailservice

anskyber 21:35 06 Dec 05

Just a further thought could my relatives ISP be blocking me? I sent 3 photos a couple of days ago and stupidly forgot to resize them. As a result they went out at a total of some 3megs. It is since then my sending to him has failed.

anskyber 08:25 07 Dec 05

Service resumed thanks all.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…