E-mail image attachment cannot be opened.

rolmes 18:56 20 Feb 06

I have sent an image as an a-mail attachment but the recipient cannot open it. I have sent it in various formats (jpg, png, bmp, pspimage) but to no avail. The image was created in PSP8 and the recipient does not have this - would this be the problem? They do have other image editing software which can usually open images with the open extensions without any problem. Any ideas?
I have also saved the image to floppy with the above dile extensions, and then tried to open the floppy/image on the recipients PC - again it does not open.

Iron Maiden 19:05 20 Feb 06

When you say "cannot open it" do you mean..
Can't save or open the attachment in there email client, or once saved to disk they can't open it
the reasons for both are completly different.
If its can't save or open in email client this can be solved in (assuming Outlook Express) tools> options> security tab & uncheck don't allow attacthments.
If its can't open once saved to disk, does anything give a error message ?. or if using XP right click on file if its blocked unblock it

rolmes 19:11 20 Feb 06

It cannot be opened by the recipient - whether as an e-mail attachment or if they try to open the file stored on the floppy.
They can open other e-mail attachments.
There is no error message.

Diodorus Siculus 19:15 20 Feb 06

Get irfanview and use it to open the image.

Save as jpeg

send to your friend and tell him to get irfanview

rolmes 19:21 20 Feb 06

What is 'irfanview', where can I get it, how much does it cost???
Tanks.

VoG II 19:21 20 Feb 06

click here - excellent and free.

rolmes 19:39 20 Feb 06

Thanks - I have downloaded the software and advised the recipient of its location - I will update tomorrow with the outcome.
Thsnks all.

rolmes 19:46 21 Feb 06

The recipient can now open the attachment/file! Thank you for all help received.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Here's what should be coming to Adobe Project Felix in 2017

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…