E-Mail, help needed....

Magik ®© 15:51 13 Sep 03

my son who lives miles away, has a laptop with win98se and running outlook express ver 5, He can not get any emails down, because the first one, which seems to be a big one will not download, he gets the progress bar come up, it moves a about 1/8 of an inch, then the PC locks up solid, it has been like it for a few days, the in-box is getting fuller by the day because of this email.

any ideas that i can pass onto him....
thanks

powerless 15:54 13 Sep 03

Who is his ISP?

If they allow it, log onto his mail through the homepage of his ISP. Then delete the email...

Example click here

Terrahawk 15:57 13 Sep 03

click here scrool down look for mail washer free this will allow you to look at your in box and decide what to keep and what to delete before you download it

MAJ 15:58 13 Sep 03

Or if his ISP doesn't offer Powerless' option, get him to go to Twigger.co.uk and enter his email details in there, it will give him the option to delete the offending email.

Magik ®© 16:23 13 Sep 03

the trouble is,the email is stuck, as it were in the system, he can not download any emails, because of the first one, is there anyway he can stop it getting to his PC..

he is with BT on a dial up..

powerless 16:28 13 Sep 03

I think this is the click here you need. click here

Click "email" right up at the top. I think you should be able to take it from there.

Bapou 16:32 13 Sep 03

I had a similar problem some time ago when BT's 2 hour cut off prevented a very large file being downloaded and it was stuck on the server. BT was no help but a trusted friend was, he has broadband and cleeared it for me.

Magik ®© 16:57 13 Sep 03

hi all, thank you all for the help. after reading all the above posts, we might have cleared it, i logged in on my PC with his details, as Bapou said, then downloaded his mail.. i am now going to send him a test mail.

thanks all again...

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 benchmarks: Antutu, Geekbench 4, GFXBench and PCMark results

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This stop-frame animation tells a moving story of domestic violence for Refuge

New iPad 2017 preview: Apple's affordable but underspecced new iPad may appeal to the education…