E Mail Editor -change to yahoo

james66 19:22 12 Mar 08

When i click on a E-Mail link on a web page it automatically goes to Microsoft outlook . Is there any easy way to change it to my Yahoo mail account . I'm running XP .

barryoneoff.co.uk 22:32 12 Mar 08

Go to: Tools/Internet options/Programs, then select Yahoo from the dropdown list as the default.

manrow 22:37 12 Mar 08

Is the same possible with Firefox, instead of being sent to IE at all?

james66 09:57 13 Mar 08

That's what i thought ,but when i click on programs it only gives me three options ,Outlook , Outlook express or windows live mail .

cruiser2 13:37 13 Mar 08

I am using Mozilla Firefox & Mozilla Thunderbird. Changed from IE7 by going to the Mozilla web site and following the instructions to down load their programme and settings. Then made them my default settings.
And I am not an expert by any means.
cruiser2

Technotiger 13:46 13 Mar 08

In Yahoo email program (which I don't use) is there somewhere within the program to make it your Default email program - if so, check it and it should then show in the drop-down list in IE>Tools>Programs.

I use Incredimail and that is how Incredimail shows in that drop-down list.

Sea Urchin 14:54 13 Mar 08

As per Technotiger's posting - how to make Yahoo your default program

click here

Technotiger 15:15 13 Mar 08

Nice one - that should elicit a Green tick ... LoL

james66 17:41 13 Mar 08

Sorry i haven't got back sooner ,had a look at the yahoo mail cant find anything to "make yahoo my default " is it the pop access settings?
i know this will enable me to read my yahoo mail through outlook express but that's not what I'm trying to achieve .I'll have another play about and see what comes up .thanks for all responses .

Technotiger 18:40 13 Mar 08

??? Full instructions are in Sea Urchin's link above!

Sea Urchin 19:10 13 Mar 08

Did you click on my link which tells you exactly how to make Yahoo your default email client? It will then appear in the drop down list as in Technotiger's posting of today at 13.46

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Method Studios' title sequence for BBC series Taboo is truly unsettling

Best Pages for iOS tips | How to use Pages for iPad & iPhone: 6 simple tips to get more out of…