E-mail download timeouts

rattlerwoo 14:16 24 Apr 04

I am having a problem recieving my e-mails from my isp NTLworld on broadband. Both in Outlook 2003 and Outlook Express i get server timeouts. I have set the server timeout to the max in Outlook but the problem persists. This problem started about six weeks ago when NTL were carrying out server maintenance. I have tried there on line support but no luck. I f i use Incredimail i can down load all the messages. But my Nortons Anti spam does not support incredimail properly.

Diodorus Siculus 14:22 24 Apr 04

Will it work if Norton is disabled? If so, there is a problem in the Norton configuration.

rattlerwoo 14:42 24 Apr 04

I have turned it off to try that. It was working all ok until a bout 5 or six weeks ago when NTL were doing server maintenace so I assumed the problem was due to this, but it has continued.

Diodorus Siculus 15:15 24 Apr 04

The only other thing that I can think of is that you may need to check that the correct details are entered into Outlook - that they are the same as those in Incredimail.

rattlerwoo 21:11 26 Apr 04

Have switched off the Anti Spam and tried Outlook this evening and 190 messages dowbloaded in just about a minute or so. So that was obviously the problem, but strange should suddenly start as it had been working fine up until about 5/6 weeks ago. Thx mate

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

iPhone 7 review: a range of small updates add up to an excellent phone

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How New York’s Stylin’ Seniors became a golden social media campaign

23 Apple Watch tips & secret features: Master your Apple Watch, Apple Watch Series 1 or Apple…