E-Mail connection

carper 13:06 08 Sep 04

When I go on line with my E-Mail (OE6 I Think) and write a message and press send, I am immediatly disconnected. As I am able to send this message I think there is something wrong with my settings for E-Mail. Any help would be appreciated.

Old Shep 13:25 08 Sep 04

If you go into Outlook click on TOOLS/OPTIONS and there should be a tab which says disconnect after send/recieve. Untick it.

carper 13:50 08 Sep 04

Sorry Old Shep but I seem to be doing something wrong. When I do as you suggest I get a panel with ten different tabs none of which give the options you suggest

Old Shep 14:01 08 Sep 04

Hi, I am using Outlook 2000 so probably a bit different. When I go into TOOLS/OPTIONS I get 7 tabs and mine is under MAIL DELIVERY tab. Near the bottom it says Dial Up Options and it is in there the tick needs removing for hang up when finished sending.

Shas 14:57 08 Sep 04

I daresay you've found it by now but just in case not, in OE6 the 'disconnect after send/receive' checkbox is on the Connection tab in Tools > Options.

carper 14:19 09 Sep 04

Thanks all, but sorry to say not the answer. I have even reinstalled my ISP set up. I can receive mail and the web but I still can't send.
I now don't know what to do
Regards carper

Old Shep 20:20 09 Sep 04

Who is your ISP - have you got your pop3 (incoming mail) and smtp (ougoing mail) settings correct.

carper 10:40 10 Sep 04

Thanks old shep for your continuing interest.
Renewing my ISP software did not clear the problem. For some reason an E-mail was jammed (for want of a better expression) in my out box.
I made a copy of it deleted the old one a sent the new. This then worked perfectly. Funny things computers!!!
Thanks all again I'll now tick resolved
Carper

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch 2 review | Apple Watch Series 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter, water-resit…