E-mail Backup

meater 14:18 24 May 03

Can anybody tell me is it possible to copy an E-mail to a floppy with Images on it. What I want to do is:
Edit the text on it as it has been forwarded two or three times, and then copy text and Attachment or attachments onto a floppy, so I can send it to somebody with just my name etc at the top. I receive some of these Funnies from friends, and they have just forwarded them, more than once, and I think that this looks untidy, and if you print it out, you waste a lot of paper.
I would be grateful for any help, on how to do it, if it is possible.

MartinT-B 14:24 24 May 03

1) save the attachment/pic to your PC - say in My Document/My Pictures, using right click, save as.

2) right click the email, Select all, copy.

Paste into your Word processor Program

3) do a find and replace and tell it to replace all the > with nothing.

4) edit the format as you want.

5) Save the Text/doc/whatever file to Floppy

6) Add the Image.

7) put it in the post.

meater 16:56 26 May 03

Hi MartinT-B,
I am still a little puzzled about this, It seems to work with one image but not with say, four in one attachment. When you copy the text you get a format shape for each image which comes with the attachment, do you leave these in or not?

The other thing I don't understand in your response is No.3. I am not sure what the "replace all the > with nothing, do you mean the >'s you sometimes get in the left margin?
In No.6. you say Add image, which I take it is the attachment, and then post it. I don't want to post it right away, I want to save it to a Floppy so I can send it in the future.
Have you got anymore suggestions? I would be most grateful.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…