E-Mail Backup.

startup 07:45 24 Sep 03

Could anyone refresh my memory on how to backup my e-mail folder. I remember there was an article in the magazine some time back but can't find it.
I want to reformat my hard drive but need to safely save all my e-mail info.

Startup.

Lozzy 07:50 24 Sep 03

If you OS is Win XP then open Windows Explorer click on View>>Folder Options and and un check Show hidden Files and folders and Hide operating system and Files and then click ok.

Now Navigate to Documents and Settings>>Your Name>>Local Settings>>Application Data>>Identities>>Folder with Numbers>>Microsoft>>Outlook Express

Now back up all you files on the right or just back up the folder Outlook Express..

Job done

denlong 01:03 10 Mar 04

I've just discovered that e-mails can be saved from and recovered back to Outlook Express just by dragging them to and from any window to a drive or folder; it's the same as copying any other files anywhere else. They can be done in blocks or singly, but you cannot drag folders in the same way.

Nowhere have I ever seen this recorded and I have seen loads of suggestions on how to back up emails - none as simple as this.

frazky 04:11 10 Mar 04

your query is ambiguous- backing up email 'folders' in OE is simple as they existas .dbx individual files.
If you mean backing up your email pop settings - then the simplest way is to record the info as a text file... there are freeware programs that do this (and also the whole caboodle).. just search this site.
I also uploaded a v.useful utility..which amazingly only 1 person has used. see Qmar Thu, 04.09.03 | 21:42
click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…