E-Mail Backup.

startup 07:45 24 Sep 03

Could anyone refresh my memory on how to backup my e-mail folder. I remember there was an article in the magazine some time back but can't find it.
I want to reformat my hard drive but need to safely save all my e-mail info.

Startup.

Lozzy 07:50 24 Sep 03

If you OS is Win XP then open Windows Explorer click on View>>Folder Options and and un check Show hidden Files and folders and Hide operating system and Files and then click ok.

Now Navigate to Documents and Settings>>Your Name>>Local Settings>>Application Data>>Identities>>Folder with Numbers>>Microsoft>>Outlook Express

Now back up all you files on the right or just back up the folder Outlook Express..

Job done

denlong 01:03 10 Mar 04

I've just discovered that e-mails can be saved from and recovered back to Outlook Express just by dragging them to and from any window to a drive or folder; it's the same as copying any other files anywhere else. They can be done in blocks or singly, but you cannot drag folders in the same way.

Nowhere have I ever seen this recorded and I have seen loads of suggestions on how to back up emails - none as simple as this.

frazky 04:11 10 Mar 04

your query is ambiguous- backing up email 'folders' in OE is simple as they existas .dbx individual files.
If you mean backing up your email pop settings - then the simplest way is to record the info as a text file... there are freeware programs that do this (and also the whole caboodle).. just search this site.
I also uploaded a v.useful utility..which amazingly only 1 person has used. see Qmar Thu, 04.09.03 | 21:42
click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is ransomware and how do I protect my PC from WannaCry?

What I learned from my mentor, Oscar-winning VFX supervisor Phil Tippett

Siri vs Google Assistant