e mail authorisation

bswatts 21:41 29 Oct 04

MS Outlook, when iterrogatinf for new mail, persistently puts up a box asking for my user name and password, which is already filled in correctly. On clicking OK it just keeps coning back! I believe I may be missing mail.
Can anyone help, please?

VoG II 22:07 29 Oct 04

Which version of Outlook?

Also, which internet service provider? I get this when blueyonder is playing up.

bswatts 06:08 30 Oct 04

To: VoG
Outlook Express 6.0 and Tiscali.
Thanks

Dorsai 07:30 30 Oct 04

I would start by re-typing yourpass word into outlook. As it it just a row of *'s there is no way to tell if you accidently made a typo.

I dont know if it is still tru, but a few months ago when i had a simular problem, i found that tiscali will 'lock' an e-mail address for, i think, half an hour if there are3 failed login attempts. this is to make is much more time consuming to hack in using random passwords. click here

as a test, click here and sign in on line. this will allow you both to check your mail and verify the password is as you remember.

click here for a walk through on setting up outlook wilth tiscali.

VoG II 08:56 30 Oct 04

If that doesn't work click here

Bobby 15:43 02 Feb 05

I have just had the same symptoms (Outlook Express) after upgrading to broadband (BT Yahoo). I can surf the net O.K. and receive E-mails no problem but it refused to send E-mails. I eventually cured it by doing a hardware reset of the modem/router then re-entering the parameters from the instruction book. It has been suggested to me that perhaps port 110, which outgoing E-mails use, was blocked somehow, or maybe there was a glitch in the firewall settings. I wish I knew exactly what it was, but it seems the old favourite "poke and hope" did the trick!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

iPhone 9 and beyond: 32 amazing future smartphone developments - graphene, supercapacitor…