E-mail attachments causing a problem.

bluto1 20:47 04 Dec 08

For the past few days, whenever I get an attachment on an e-mail, and click on the 'paper clip', a window pops up and informs me as follows:

Internet Explorer Script Error.
An error has occurred in the script of this page.

Line:
Char:
Code
URL:

Do you want to continue running scripts on this page?

YES NO

Whatever I click on, The page freezes and I have to restart my PC

XP Home, SP3 and Incredimail.
Can anyone help please?

lotvic 00:30 05 Dec 08

Open Internet Explorer > Tools > Internet Options > Advanced tab > Settings
Put a tick in 'Disable script debugging (Internet Explorer)'
Put a tick in 'Disable script debugging (Other)'
UNTICK 'Display a notification about every script error'

click on 'Apply' and 'OK'

those are the settings on mine (XP SP3)

bluto1 10:20 05 Dec 08

Thanks for the reply but my settings are the same as yours. I've sent Incredimail an email so I'll wait to see what they come up with. I can't help thinking it I.E. Thanks again.

Stuartli 11:05 05 Dec 08

Are you by any chance with AOL or TalkTalk?

bluto1 18:48 05 Dec 08

Neither, I,m with Plusnet.

I've tried , but can't get into System Restore. I've reinstalled Int. Exp. but the problem is still there. I remember doing a Security update a short while ago, it's not in Add/Remove. (I've ticked to show with this one.need help

bluto1 22:34 05 Dec 08

It would appear that Internet Explorer has a problem with an add on. I can't think what add ons I've loaded recently.

bluto1 23:17 05 Dec 08

I installed Google Desktop a few days ago, and have now uninstalled it. No difference made.

I'm going to bed in the hope that I'll "sleep on it" and something miraculous will occur to me in the morning. Your ideas are still as welcome as a lottery win. 'Night all.

lotvic 23:38 05 Dec 08

"I've tried , but can't get into System Restore"

What's the problem with accessing previous restore dates?

Have you tried F8 at boot up - Safe Mode - Admin Account and then Restore (from list of dates)?

bluto1 14:57 06 Dec 08

I've just tried your suggested path and an empty Systems Restore window came up.
I'm going to run a malware sweep and avast anti virus, something might turn up.Thanks for help.

bluto1 21:01 06 Dec 08

I finally cracked it having spent hours (not really wasted) running anti malware and anti virus programs. I uninstalled IE 7 with the intention of installing IE 6 but installed 7 again and it worked. On my way around I found RegCure and it purports to fix IE7. I used File Hippo's search facility and with a minimum of navigating there was the answer. Thanks for the help, just to have someone around now and again helped enormously.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…