e-mail attachment

Somaht 14:07 21 Mar 09

I am using windows xp home edition. I can send and receive e mails but attachments get blocked. I get a message saying oe has blocked the offensive attachment.I also get a message saying."The file does not haveprogram associated with it to perform this action. Create an association in thefolder options control panel".
I don't understand these messages or what to do about them.

Somaht

VoG II 14:37 21 Mar 09

Tools > Options > Security tab, untick Do not allow attachments... and Block Images...

File association click here

Sea Urchin 14:38 21 Mar 09

In OE go to Tools - Options - Security tab and uncheck box for "Do Not Allow Attachments to be Saved or Opened that could potentially be a Virus" - click Apply and OK.

In OE go to Tools - Options - Security tab and uncheck box for "Do Not Allow Attachments to be Saved or Opened that could potentially be a Virus" - click Apply and OK.

Apologies for double post

DieSse 14:56 21 Mar 09

"The file does not haveprogram associated with it to perform this action. Create an association in thefolder options control panel"

This means you have got an attachment in a format for which you haven't got a suitable program. A common example is to receive a PowerPoint presentation, when you haven't got the PowerPoint program - so the system is really asking how you want to handle that situation.

The fix depends entirely on what type of file the attachment is, as clearly the program you need varies.

So if you give us some examples of attachments with this message, someone will advise further.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Hands-on: Samsung Galaxy S8 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Samsung's beautifully designed Galaxy S8 makes for better VR experiences too

47 iPhone camera tips to help you take better photos