e-mail arrives without a sender:

Alan Ryan 16:25 06 Nov 03

Received an e-mail today with subject, "in reply to your enquiry" : the sender's identity was left blank. When I tried to add the message to my blocked senders list, OE informed me that the "selected sender could not be added to your blocked senders list".
Is this an e-mail scamster who has devised a way of resisting attempts to block his message(s) ?

Jester2K II 16:29 06 Nov 03

Probably - just delete it.

Alan Ryan 16:38 06 Nov 03

I have deleted it; but I was surprised to find it impossible to block the sender. I was under the impression that ANY sender could be added to the blocked list without OE altering your decision.

dth 17:15 06 Nov 03

Some spammers are able to send email without any sender details. When you to try to block the sender - your system says 'sorry can't do - as there isn't one'.

Alan Ryan 17:26 06 Nov 03

Thanks for your response: I didn't realise it is possible to send e-mails without having some identity of the sender included (even if it's a false one).

Proxy Worm 17:29 06 Nov 03

I have had some like those in my account and my friend got a virus as they sent him a attchment about a prize (very silly of him ofcouse!). Just block them or delete them when it comes!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Microsoft Surface PC release date, price and specs: All-in-one Surface PC to directly rival iMac

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

Apple's event invitations decoded: A look back at 16 of Apple's most cryptic invites | Clues in…