E-mail with AOL

StevieB77 22:24 13 Jan 04

When I right click on a file i have the option to send it to 'mail recipient', but this then open MS Outlook, does anyone know how to link this with AOL?

Djohn 22:34 13 Jan 04

In IE, click on tools/internet options/programs, then click on the drop down menu next to e-mail and see if AOL is offered as an option to Outlook. If it is then click on that and set it as your default e-mail handler. j.

StevieB77 22:39 13 Jan 04

Just had a look at that and it was already on AOL but it still opens Outlook!

Djohn 23:07 13 Jan 04

Thats strange StevieB77, I would have thought if it was set as the default it would be there in a "Right click". I must admit I never got round to trying this option in all the time I was with AOL. :o(

The way I used was, open the email, then attach the file from there. I know this doesn't help with your question, but it's the only thing I can think of at the moment.

Maybe the right click menu will only offer pop 3 type programs? Mine is set for "Outlook Express and I've just tried a right click and mail recipient and "Express" opened for me. I then tried "Outlook" and "Hotmail" and each one worked.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 benchmarks: Antutu, Geekbench 4, GFXBench and PCMark results

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This stop-frame animation tells a moving story of domestic violence for Refuge

New iPad 2017 preview: Apple's affordable but underspecced new iPad may appeal to the education…