E-mail from another PC

max10 20:21 07 Jan 05

Can someone give me an idea of how to check my e-mail from another PC. Do I just set up an account on the remote pc using my pop/smtp, e-mail address
username and password, as in setting up a new account. Or do I have to do something with the phone number as well. Is this the same if trying from abroad.

quack 20:28 07 Jan 05

I don't know what ISP you are with but just about all of the major ones allow you to access and send e-mails from links on their home page. Suggest you take a look.

Belatucadrus 20:33 07 Jan 05

You could also run i.scribe from a floppy click here .
generally you can receive POP mail from other machines, but not send unless you are logged onto your own account. With location specifice services like Wanadoo anytime, this could cause problems, so quacks suggestion is probably the best way of handling it.

BlueMeanie 22:34 07 Jan 05

If you are using Outlook Express, This is how I access my emails on two PC's.

Your new PC has to have an internet link and your emails details have to be entered onto it.

An easy way using your old PC, in OE, is Tools, Internet Accounts, Export, and Save onto a floppy disk.

On the new PC in OE do the same, but Import your settings from the floppy disk.

Also on the first PC in OE, Tools, Internet Accounts, Properties, Advanced, and tick: "Leave a copy of message on Server", also tick "Remove from Server after say 7 days. This enables both computers to access all emails.

Regards

oscar cat 23:27 07 Jan 05

Most of the major isp's will give you access to webmail, just sign-in on the home page of your isp which then usually give's links to your account in-box, I use this with various isp's

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

iPhone 7 review: Enhanced cameras, a refreshed design and water resistance make the iPhone 7 an…